Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yum Ant Larvae ( Yum Kai Mod Dang )

yum-ant-larvae.jpgThai recipe name pronunciationI was first introduced to ant larvae when I was a child by my dad. In those days we would go and get them fresh from an ants nest. Now that I'm grown we buy them at the market and they're a premium priced product rather than the peasant food from my childhood.These need to be eaten fresh, and I don't think they freeze well, so you will only likely find them in a provincial market in Thailand, but don't be afraid, they taste nice! Below you can see the ant larvae as you buy them, with some stray ants in there, remove any stray ants before making the salad. Some ants are sour already so be sure to taste before adding the lime juice.ant-larvae.jpgIngredients 200 gms Fresh Ant Larvae1 Teaspoon Flaked Chillies1 Teaspoon Lime Juice ( To Taste )1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce1 Teaspoon Toasted Rice Powder1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves1 Tablespoon Chopped Mint1 Tablespoon Chopped Spring OnionPreparation1. Mix all ingredients together and serve it with vegetables.

Read More...

[Source: Appon's Thai Food Recipes]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.